Monday, November 2, 2009

Domestic Goddess

OK... so you can all stop laughing now... at least I tried! I haven't killed anyone, yet... (My OSH record is still safe and I have not been declared a "NO GO ZONE" nor has my cooking, though maybe if I contacted my old mate Davey who is in the US Army, they may be looking for something considered lethal or deadly)... anyway I digress.

I have been "attempting" to be more of a domestic goddess. Between the home baking, cooking meals, washing, spring cleaning and planting I think it has been a pretty good attempt. Of course I'll never be a Julia Child or a Martha Stewart but don't they say "God loves a trier"???

So what have I actually been doing of late...
  • More triple chocloate muffins - this time, mini & midi size
  • Potatoe cakes - three times in as many weeks - finally something from my childhood (thanks Mum) that my step kids ALL seem to like!!!
  • Washing
  • Spring Cleaning the Scrapbook Studio in particular, filling up a covered trailer (thanks Colin for the use of it, promise to have it back to you for next Friday - honest)
  • Completely re-doing my website from scratch - I think I deleted something by mistake and lost all access to it, so I talked nicely to my ISP man and he deleted it for me, so now that I am wiser I can recreate it how I want... still need some help with the finer details (thanks Carrie will be taking you up on that offer very soon)
  • Planting seeds and bulbs and generally looking after green type things 
I don't have pics of the muffins or the potatoe cakes, mainly because they didn't last long enough for me to get the camera out and take pics. Don't have pics of washing, though maybe I should take some next time the line is completely full lol. Still working on the Spring cleaning... I can show before shots but not after, so might wait until I am completed and show the before and after in a separate blog.

I do however have pics of the seeds I planted (but not the bulb). For those who know me well... I don't have a green finger. I have to confess to killing a cactus!!! Ok you can stop laughing again.

Anyway, now you have wiped away the tears from your eyes... here is the proof of my seed planting.


I am the proud mid-wife (hopefully soon) to Chives, Baby Carrots, Lettuce, Watermelon and Parsley. Sorry Kurt I know you just wanted me to plant only the watermelon, cos that is all you like, but I planted some of all of them. And I bought some more seeds today with the grocery shopping so will soon have some more babies under my tender care. (At least that is the plan)
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG...awesome work, your's look so much more professional than mine.

    ReplyDelete